SEASON 2 | EPISODE 7
IN THEIR SHOES with JAMIE WINDUST 🅴
‘A love-letter to our
That's how journalist Paula Akpan describes Jamie Windust's book, In Their Shoes: Navigating Non-Binary Life and we couldn't put it better ourselves. We chat to Jamie about their recent release and pick their brain about some of the topics in the book; fashion choices, family relationships, being a queer creative and keeping on top of your mental health when life deals you a shit card or five. There's a few *clang* name drops, a few *gasp* exclusives and most importantly a ton of laughs.
Matthew also shares some exciting (and pretty historic) news, as the first LGBT+ affirming retirement communityin the UK is announced.
**This episode comes with a TW (trigger warning), as there is some minor discussion around interactions with the police and sexual assault.
- BUY In Their Shoes
- My Full Stop: The Victim Impact Statement I was denied
- Despite some support, trans and non-binary sexual abuse victims are being systemically failed
- Support for trans people isn't radical - it's urgent
- Survivors UK
- Galop -Sexual Violence Support Service
- Gendered Intelligence - mental health
- Intern 1 no name